1. General Information Only
Our website contains general information only. Please contact appropriately qualified persons for any particular advice and if you would like any advice about Sicilian artisanal products on the Caragalatea™ website please contact us so we can consider your particular circumstances.
Likewise, any third party content on our site, in our social media posts or to which we link is provided for general information and not as advice or endorsement, and we are not responsible for that content.
2. Intellectual property rights
We or our licensors own the intellectual property rights in the content on this website, and reserve all relevant rights.
In relation to our website and social media posts:
3.1 these are provided to you entirely at your own risk;
3.2we exclude all implied conditions, warranties and guarantees, except any which cannot be excluded by law, and for those, our liability will be limited to either (at our option) re-supplying the relevant service or refunding any payments you made to us
for that service;
3.3 other than any such re-supply or refund, we exclude all liability for any lost profits, opportunities, revenue, business, or for any loss of or damage to data or any business interruption, and for any indirect or consequential loss, regardless of how
caused (including from our negligence); and
3.4 for all other types of loss, our aggregate liability to you (including from our negligence) is restricted to $100.
4. Governing law
Our website and your use of it are governed by the laws of New South Wales, Australia.
Terms of Trade
Shipping & Insurance
1. Our artisans ship directly from Italy to wherever you are located.
2. Each unique piece ships free of charge, is fully insured and is trackable.
3. Each country has its own set of rules, taxable import threshold, taxes and duties. You may be charged on items delivered to you and any fees payable are the responsibility of the purchaser.
4. Currently, we are unable to deliver to a limited number of countries such as Russia, Iran, Syria, Libya, North Korea, Ivory Coast, Myanmar, Sudan, and Zimbabwe.
5. If you have any questions on shipping, require assistance or clarification on any matter relating to your purchase, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Refunds & Returns Policy
6. When you receive your purchase, we ask you to check it carefully. Should you find the item is damaged, has a manufacturing fault, or is incomplete, contact must be made within 7 days of receiving the item. Please contact us at email@example.com. Do not return an item until you have contacted us first and been issued a return reference.
7. It would be an extremely rare occurrence to have an item contain a fault, however,
should this occur, we will of course accept its return.
8. An item that is damaged or lost in transit to you, is covered under insurance.
9. A return/refund/replacement is only available on items which are damaged or contain a manufacturing fault.
10. Returns and refunds are not permitted under any other circumstance.
Return / replacement / refund due to damage or manufacturing fault
11. Your returned item must be received within 28 days of receiving the order.
12. Customers will be offered a repair/replacement/refund option.
13. The return shipping cost, where applicable, will be covered by Caragalatea™, together with the re-shipping of the repaired or replacement item including any taxes that may be payable.
14. Refunds will be made using the original payment method and only processed upon receiving the returned item unless otherwise agreed by Caragalatea™.
15. Any returned items must be returned in the original packaging.
16. Any return items must be insured and trackable, failure to insure and subsequent loss of the item will render the refund process null and void. Caragalatea™ will not be responsible for any loss of uninsured items and no refund will be made.
Replacement/refund due to loss/damage in transit
17. Our policy of fully insured and trackable items being shipped means you can be assured that you are covered should the worst occur.
18. An item will be regarded as lost in transit if it fails to arrive after 28 days of the expected date of arrival.
19. Should an item fail to arrive, this must be communicated to Caragalatea™ within three months from the date the item initially shipped.
20. Where a replacement item is available, it will be shipped to you at this time.
21. You may also choose another item of the same value or higher, or, you can choose a refund.
22. For items that are damaged in transit, please contact us for full instructions on how to return your item for repair or replacement.
23. Please note that most if not all our products are unique; no two pieces are exactly the same; our crystal is hand-engraved; our ceramics hand-painted. So any replacement will not be identical with the original; there will always be slight variations.
24. No refund in whole or in part is available on gift vouchers.
25. Gift vouchers are unable to be transferred to a third party.
26. Gift vouchers must be used entirely by their expiry date.
27. The date of commencement of the validity period is regarded as the date of purchase.